Friday, April 1, 2011

a trip to grandmas.

It's been over a year since I have seen my grandmother. The last time was at Thanksgiving in 2009. Michael was just three months old when she saw him for the very first time.

Today was a special day because we had the opportunity to take a day trip to Modesto to visit Grandma. My sister went with me and the kids, which was wonderful because she helped me so much! This was the first time Great-Grandma got to see Nicolas too, ironically at about the same age as Michael was when she first met him.

Here is a picture of Michael and Great-Grandma in 2009


Here is one of Nicolas and Great-Grandma taken today (2011)


There was actually another pic that I deleted (wish I hadn't now) that had Nicolas with his fist in his mouth just like Michael did in his photo with Great-Grandma.

It was so much fun to watch Michael wander around the house.....getting into anything and EVERYTHING. This is where my sister was super helpful, if I was busy with Nicolas, she would take Michael off my hands without me even asking....she was wonderful!

Each Thanksgiving, the family takes a walk thru the Walnut Orchards that my Grandmother lives on to pick up left-over walnuts and enjoy each others company. Today, we tried to take a walk in the orchard, but with the nearly 80 degree weather (which is a huge change from what we are used to these last few days) we decided to stay at the house. Nicolas was getting way to hot in his stroller.

Staying at the house was just as fun, Michael got to play in a bowl of water.....his favorite thing to do since he was little is splash in water.

Michael Splashing in a big bowl of Water

Playing with the hose at Great-Grandmas House

Michael's famous "cheese-face"

After playing for the afternoon, we enjoyed homemade taco soup that Grandma had been cooking that day, and had a quick chat then it was time to get back on the road and head home. We all decided to plan on trying to visit every month or so from now on. I'm looking forward to it. Life is too short not to take advantage of spending time with family.

The drive back is approximately 3 hours between Modesto and our house. The boys did really well with the drive especially on the way back......they were wiped out!


Even though the trip was alot of fun. It's nice to be back home. The boys are now sleeping soundly in their beds, and I am comfy sitting here in my sweat pants, which I tend to always put on the minute I get home.

Anyway, Tucker should be home soon, and I can't wait to show him these cute pics and tell him about our day. But for now, I will kick back and watch a chick-flick and enjoy having the house to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment